Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Yogurt and Orange Tea Cake

Yogurt and Orange Tea Cake



 Its monday morning 8 AM , not a best time for a working mom who has to dress up a jumpy toddler, put breakfast up on the table , eat , get dressed and zip out of the house all in an hours time. Who has the time to listen to insane food requests, but then I'm  a MOM. One look at my little ones hope filled eyes and I'm all a MELTED CANDY. Today she wanks a yummy cake for her daycare snack time.

All of 1.5 years,she knows to spell C-A-K-E allright. and if she wants a yummy one, who can deny.

Run Run Run - dig into the pantry take it all out. Mix -Mix - Mix . . shove it in the oven . We are set :)

Easy peasy.

By the time we are done with the morning routine. The cake is ready and smiling in the oven. And now my little one is smiling along too.

My Monday is blue no more. Digging into a warm freshly baked cake is therapeutic. don't you think?

Today I finally had my moment of glory when I could sink my teeth into this warm and fluffy goodness. It was heaven . and oh! I have to mention this that NOT all good and heavenly tasting cakes are sinful. Here is the recipe if you want to try. Go colour your Mondays!


1 1/2 cups low fat plain yogurt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
Rind of one orange (optional)
I/4th cup orange juice (optional)

Heat the oven to 150°C. Grease a 9-inch baking pan lightly with baking spray or oil,.

Briskly whisk together the yogurt, oil, sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Add the flour, baking powder, soda, salt, and nutmeg right into the liquids and stir just until no lumps remain.
Pour the batter into the cake pan and bake for 35 minutes, till a tester comes out clean. Once done transfer the cake to a cooling rack and let it cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan.
Serve the cake warm or at room temperature. When well-wrapped, this keeps very well for several days.


2 comments:

Deeba PAB said...

Looks yum! Must try it Neel. Tell me, are you a Delhi food blogger?

team ecoSycle said...

Thanks Deeba. Yes - I'm very much a Delhi blogger. Glad to know that you are from here too...

You might also Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This