Thursday, June 19, 2014

The 'Whittle the Middle' Chocolate Cake

Chocolate cake
For those of you who have been reading me (not that I’m claiming to be a superstar blogger in any case!)  Know that I have also been battling with some sort of weighty issues on and off. Whenever the anxiety gets better of me, I resort to diet, and on good days stick to what I do best- cook and eat.  

For the uninitiated, I’ll let you know what the problem is - there’s this bong waistline sticking to me in its all glorified version for as long as I know myself. Now bong waistline is definitely not any other undistinguished thick waist you need to cry aloud about. It’s different.  It’s the ambrosial factors that contribute to its making. Think Rosogollas, Think Bhapa Mishti doi or even a plain jane Luchi can claim its share of fame in the making of a bong waist.

I said enough is enough, I give up the luxuries of a bong treat in an attempt to Un-bong the adage clinging to my cleavage. However the sweet tooth refuses to leave and the low carb sweet less avatar of me is least appealing especially to the onlookers or people on the receiving end of phone line (god save the souls of cold calling sales staff of Australia!).
 Heck! A bit of browsing and some scanning of the kitchen pantry post office and daycare pickup hours led me to this wonderful creation. Perfect for on its way-to-whittle the bong belly phase of my life. 

I’m not a claim to fame photographer and lil S’s patience came to a screeching halt as soon as the freshly baked , still warm from the oven ooey gooey chocolate cake was dusted with sugar. Need I say more on why I have only one lame picture sitting here?

Time to know what went into its making, its adapted from the iFood recipe : 

The 'whittle the middle' Chocolate Cake:

Ingredients 

2 large eggs
3/4 cup applesauce/or any fruit puree/pumpkin puree  which you may have at hand
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups whole wheat flour (atta)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your baking tray. 

In a bowl, whisk all the liquids including eggs.

In another medium bowl, mix the dry bits now carefully add the dry to the wet. Only mix til its non- lumpy .

Transfer to the baking dish. This is a moist and sticky cake, so a springform works best. You can also try a regular baking dish with a butter paper lined base

Bake 40-45 mins at 180, till a toothpick comes clean.

Skip the ganache or icing if you too dream skinny (like me:))







No comments:

You might also Love

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This